This classic, tasty dish is a guaranteed hit with the family!
- 50g rice noodle (brown rice noodles are recommended!)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 30g minced beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 basil leaves, torn into fingertip-size pieces
- 8 ml olive oil
- 15 ml chicken stock
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese flakes
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- To make sauce: Place a large, heavy-based saucepan on medium heat. Add olive oil, tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken stock, white wine, and chopped beef. Add about half of the basil leaves when the beef is cooked through. Allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- To make pasta: Cook the pasta for about 7 minutes or until al dente. Stir pasta often to prevent the noodles from sticking. Drain, cover with cold water. Drain.
- In a skillet, sauté the garlic over medium heat with olive oil and cook until golden brown and add the rest of the basil leaves.
- Add pasta to the sauce until thoroughly mixed. Aadd ground black pepper and salt to taste and mix until it is all coated over the pasta.
- Serve the pasta and sprinkle with a grating of Parmesan.
- Tags: pasta
- Perfect Earth Foods