Pasta al Pesto
A great weeknight supper, this quick pesto recipe is a delicious, and convenient, meal – and it makes for fantastic leftovers!
- 50g rice noodles (brown rice noodles are recommended!)
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 5g pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 grilled scallops (optional)
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste
- To make pesto sauce: blanche basil leaves in boiling water for around 1 minute. In a food processor or with a mortar and pestle, combine the minced garlic, pine nuts, parmesan while gradually adding olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To make pasta: Cook the pasta for about 7 minutes or until al dente. Stir pasta often to prevent the noodles from sticking. Drain, and rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Add pasta and stir to combine with the sauce.
- Serve the pasta with grilled scallop, if using, and sprinkle with a grating of parmesan.
- Perfect Earth Foods