Dawn and Garett’s Asian Spaghetti and Meatballs
IG Handle: @ourfoodfix
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee, separated
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Paleo-friendly fish sauce
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 cup bone broth
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground pork or turkey
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (leave out for AIP)
- 1 teaspoon Paleo friendly fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (leave out for AIP)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, dark and light green parts only, sliced thin
- 1 package rice noodles, or noodles of choice (see notes for substitutions)
- Add 1 tablespoon oil or fat to a large stock pot, and warm over medium heat. Add onions and stir to combine. Cook until onions are softened and translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent browning.
- Add minced garlic and fish sauce, and stir constantly until fragrant and softened, about 1 minute.
- Add second tablespoon of oil or fat along with all mushrooms, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are soft, another 6-8 minutes.
- Add broth and coconut milk, then bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer 10-15 minutes while you prepare the meatballs.
- Remove cover and turn off heat. Using an immersion blender (or transfer to a blender) carefully purée sauce until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste and add more liquid if needed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add ground meat and all ingredients to a large bowl. Use your hands to incorporate mixture, then form into golf ball sized meatballs, making about 8 total. Place each meatball on sheet pan and set aside.
- Bake meatballs in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- While your meatballs are baking, prepare noodles according to the package instructions.
- Add cooked noodles to a plate, toss with desired amount of sauce, and top with meatballs. Garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro, sliced green scallions, and hot sauce if desired.
- Tags: Organic Pasta
- Perfect Earth Foods